south american adventure
PARTLY escorted tour
28 apr - 21 may 2019
Our South American Adventure Tour has been designed to enable all our travellers to tick off some items on their bucket list without breaking the bank. For this reason our tour is divided into 5 stand alone Sectors which can be mixed and matched to suit everyone. We will only include our tour leader when there are sufficient participants per Sector to keep the rate viable for all. But even without a tour leader, you will be met on arrival and looked after every step of the way by local guides in each destination. In the escorted sectors, all tips & gratuities are included.
NOTE: RATES DO NOT INCLUDE INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS FROM YOUR HOME TO THE STARTING POINT OF YOUR TOUR.
SECTOR 1 - PERU & machu picchu: ESCORTED
Peru is the archaeological and cultural jewel of South America, with intriguing remains of the fabled Inca empire.
- Lima, with its beautiful colonial buildings - a UNESCO World Heritage site
- The Sacred Valley of the Incas with its many Inca remains
- Cusco, the lovely colonial city with its surrounding archaeological gems
- Machu Picchu, the hidden and mysterious Inca mountain fortress, undoubtedly the greatest archaeological discovery of modern times
- Puno on Lake Titicaca via a tourist bus journey
11 DAYS: 28 APRIL - 08 MAY 2019
SECTOR 1 RATES
PER PERSON SHARING USD 2800
Based on 8 passengers, surcharge of USD350 for less than 8 passengers
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT USD 780
IN-TOUR FLIGHTS – rates subject to change until tickets are issued
30 April: Lima to Cusco USD179
07 May: Puno (Juliaca airport) to Lima USD179
SECTOR 2: GALAPAGOS CRUISE - ESCORTED from 8+
Why are the Galápagos Islands so special?
- Endemism – many species are found here and nowhere else
- Close encounters with fearless animals and birds
- Virtually unchanged, pristine natural environments, haunting volcanic landscapes
- Inspiration for modern thinking: the islands’ biota (the animal and plant life of a particular region) inspired Charles Darwin to form his theories of modern evolutionary thinking
- Disconnect from the world!
6 DAYS: 08 - 13 MAY 2019
SECTOR 2 RATES PER PERSON SHARING
Not escorted: 2-3 passengers USD 4330
4-6 passengers USD 4300
7-9 passengers USD 4260
Escorted: 10-15 passengers USD 4295
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT Escorted or not USD 1670
Galapagos Legend expedition vessel
SECTOR 3: ecuador mainland - ESCORTED from 6+
The tiny country of Ecuador lies on the north western coast of South America between Colombia and Peru. Snow capped volcanoes, green valleys, the high Andes mountains, clear blue lakes, amazing markets and the Cloud Forest make Ecuador a country of astounding variety and beauty.
- Experience daily life in Old Town colonial Quito
- Enjoy a day excursion into the Cloud Forest
- Visit quaint indigenous villages and artisanal workshops
- Stay in a historic hacienda
- Take a train trip into the Andes
- Overnight with a local indigenous family where you will share their daily activities
9 DAYS: 13 - 21 MAY 2019
SECTOR 3 RATES PER PERSON SHARING
PER PERSON SHARING: 2-3 PASSENGERS USD 3425
PER PERSON SHARING: 4-6 PASSENGERS USD 3190
Escorted – more than 6 passengers
PER PERSON SHARING USD 3085
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT (Escorted or not) USD 605
optional amazon interludes: not escorted
REFUGIO AMAZONAS - PERU: 5 days: 08 - 13 May 2019
In the Amazon basin of Peru you will experience the sensation of witnessing the dawn of time. Be ready to set out on a journey filled with excitement and discovery as you explore the diversity of the area's forests and rivers, including wild species of flora and fauna. Your arrival point of Puerto Maldonado is the gateway to fascinating protected natural areas in the southern Peruvian Amazon rainforest. Canoe around the lake, walk to the canopy tower and marvel at the birds and wildlife resident in this paradise.
RATE PER PERSON SHARING USD 1700
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT (Only 2 x singles) USD 440
2 x in-tour FLIGHTS (Lima/Amazon/Lima) USD 358
(Subject to change until tickets are issued)
NAPO ECO LODGE - ECUADOR: 4 days: 21 - 24 May 2019
Rivers so wide you can barely see the other side; supersized kapok trees and electric blue morph butterflies; tiny insects that roar and gentle giants who only venture out at night. Each acre of these forests along the banks of the Napo River has more biodiversity than almost the whole of North America, yet the thrill of spotting tamarind monkeys, giant otters, toucans, boa constrictors, caimans or owls never diminishes. Here, dark water creeks are the canals that lead you further away from civilization and deeper into the wild.
RATE PER PERSON SHARING: 2 Persons USD 1990
RATE PER PERSON SHARING: 4-8 Persons USD 1930
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT (only 2 x singles) USD 780
Air ticket Quito-Coca-Quito is included in the rate