ESCORTED TOUR TO bhutan - land of happiness
WITH pANNELL'S tOURS 18 - 28 feb 2018
Bhutan is a tiny and remote Himalayan Kingdom with dramatic landscapes of towering snow peaked mountains and deep, green forested valleys, with a rich and remarkable culture that has endured for centuries. Hidden from the world until quite recently, you will discover rural villages, Bhuddist monasteries and Dzongs (forts), used as religious and administrative centres, some of which are fascinating museums housing cultural, religious and historical artefacts.
The Land of the Thunder Dragon is one of the world’s most fascinating destinations, the country that introduced GNH (Gross National Happiness), proclaiming this to be more important than GNP (Gross National Product) and currently the world’s only carbon negative country, planning to become the world’s first wholly organic nation within 10 years.
One of the tour highlights will be the Punakha Drubchen, a colourful annual festival, where traditionally dressed “pazaps” (militia men) recreate the scene of a victorious 17th century battle with the Tibetan army.
- Breath-taking views of the Himalayas from the Dochu La pass
- Spectacular Dzongs (fortresses) of Thimphu and Punakha
- Phobjikha Valley, home to the famous migratory black necked cranes
- Punakha Valley with its picture postcard rice terraces
- Iconic hike to ‘Tigers Nest’, One of the world’s most venerated and sacred Buddhist sites
- Annual Punakha Drubchen Festival
- The Bhutanese people whose paramount focus is happiness
Per person sharing USD 5,880
Single supplement USD 1,189
Based on a minimum of 14 passengers. Supplement from USD200 per person for lower numbers.
Air FareSingapore/Paro/Singapore in Economy Class USD 930 per person. (Current fare, subject to possible change.)