4 NIGHT VICTORIA FALLS & CHOBE GETAWAY
VICTORIA FALLS, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, is the largest sheet of falling water on earth – a spellbinding and mesmerizing spectacle. The sheer mass of water cascading down the 100m drop across nearly 2km makes a thunderous roar and creates a magnificent spray of water visible for miles – hence the local name ‘mosi oa tunya’ meaning ‘the smoke that thunders’.
CHOBE is an area famous for its abundance of elephants, a variety of predators, herds of buffalo and possibly even roan and sable antelope. In the rainy season (Nov – Apr) the game is much less concentrated at the river as the wildlife spreads throughout the greater area of Chobe National Park due to availability of surface water from nearby pans. This assists the vegetation on the river banks to recover from the massive herds attracted to the area in the dry months. The summer rains bring beautiful wild flowers, exquisite scenery, impressive bird life and an abundance of young animals usually born around November/December. The spectacular Chobe sunsets alone are worth a visit to the area.
- Package rates January to November 2018 (subject to availability at the time of booking)
- Starts in Victoria Falls, ends in Kasane. Surcharge to end in Victoria Falls
- Road transfer from Victoria Falls Airport to hotel
- Road transfer between hotels
- 4 Nights accommodation
- Road transfer from hotel to Kasane Airport
- Flights Johannesburg/Kasane or Vic Falls/Johannesburg
- Visas & Vaccinations – check with your local travel agent
- Premium brand beverages (e.g. premium imported wines, champagnes, spirits & liqueurs)
- Increases in park fees, government taxes and levies, exchange rate fluctuations and fuel surcharges
ILALA LODGE (Bed & Breakfast) at VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE
CHOBE BAKWENA LODGE (Full board, 3 x activities, 2 x park fees & local drinks) in BOTSWANA
PRICES per person sharing
- Jan - May US$ 984 Single supplement US$ 346
- Jun - Oct US$ 1,130 Single supplement US$ 398
- Nov US$ 1,027 Single supplement US$ 352
CHOBE BAKWENA LODGE: Bakwena Lodge comprises of 10 rondavel style chalets, 2 of which are family units, all situated under the shady canopy of Acacia trees. Each chalet site has been selected for its river view and is surrounded by indigenous riverine bush. Built around both ecological and traditional African principles, each chalet offers laid-back luxury with its own raised deck overlooking the river and built-in daybeds offering ample opportunity to absorb the changing moods of the Chobe. Each chalet has an interior bathroom opening onto an outside garden with an outside shower.
VICTORIA FALLS HOTEL (Bed & Breakfast) at VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE
CHOBE GAME LODGE (Fully inclusive) in CHOBE, BOTSWANA
PRICES per person sharing
- Jan - Mar US$ 1,680 Single supplement US$ 420
- Apr - Jun US$ 1,975 Single supplement US$ 420
- Jul - Oct US$ 2,260 Single supplement US$ 1,046
- Nov US$ 2,020 Single supplement US$ 460
CHOBE GAME LODGE is the only permanent lodge situated within the boundaries of Chobe National Park. Built along the riverbanks with spectacular views of the Chobe River and floodplains, this well-established lodge is a prime venue for guests to explore the Chobe National Park. Guests are accommodated in a relaxed and luxurious environment in tune with a timeless Africa. Chobe Game Lodge has forty eight rooms which are river facing, offering air conditioning and overhead fans, a complimentary mini bar, en-suite bathrooms and tea and coffee making facilities. All rooms have a private terrace.
Other facilities at the lodge include a large swimming pool with terrace, a riverside boma area, a fully equipped conference room, internet lounge, gym, beauty salon, stylish bar with an outside terrace overlooking the Chobe River and a cigar bar with a champion sized billiard table. Chobe Game Lodge also has a reference library with lounge and therefore offers plenty of areas for you to relax between game drives. Meals are catered for at the terrace restaurant overlooking the Chobe River. Your days will be spent exploring the Chobe National Park in open 4X4 safari vehicles led by professional guides, and boat cruises along the Chobe River.