6 NIGHTS VICTORIA FALLS, CHOBE & OKAVANGO DELTA
VICTORIA FALLS is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and is the largest sheet of falling water on earth – a spellbinding and mesmerising spectacle. The sheer mass of water cascading down the 100m drop across nearly 2km makes a thunderous roar and creates a magnificent spray of water that can be seen for miles – hence the local name ‘mosi oa tunya’ meaning ‘the smoke that thunders’.
CHOBE is an area famous for its abundance of elephants, a variety of predators, herds of buffalo and possibly even roan and sable antelope. In the rainy season (Nov – Apr) the game is much less concentrated at the river as the wildlife spread throughout the greater area of Chobe National Park due to availability of surface water from nearby pans. This assists the vegetation on the river banks to recover from the massive herds attracted to the area in the dry months. The summer rains bring beautiful wild flowers, exquisite scenery, impressive bird life and an abundance of young animals usually born around November/December. The spectacular Chobe sunsets alone are worth a visit to the area.
THE OKAVANGO DELTA is one of the world's largest inland deltas situated in the middle of the largest stretch of continuous sand in the world - the Kalahari basin. This oasis in the middle of the desert is a rich yet fragile ecosystem, providing a life source for an incredible variety of wildlife. A wealth of species have adapted to the contrasting conditions created by living in the harsh Kalahari desert which is transformed annually with the arrival of the delta flood waters originating in Angola.
- Choose from 2 packages: Standard or Superior
- Rates January to November 2018 (subject to availability at the time of booking)
- Starts in Victoria Falls, ends in Maun. Surcharge to end in Victoria Falls
- Road transfer from Victoria Falls Airport to Victoria Falls hotel/lodge
- Road transfer from Victoria Falls hotel/lodge to lodge in Chobe
- Road transfer from lodge in Chobe to Kasane airport
- Seat in charter from Kasane to lodge in Okavango
- Seat in charter from lodge in Okavango to Maun airport
- 6 nights accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary
- Flights Johannesburg/Victoria Falls/Maun/Johannesburg
- Visas & Vaccinations
- Premium brand beverages (e.g. premium imported wines, champagnes, spirits & liqueurs)
- Increases in park fees, government taxes and levies, exchange rate fluctuations and fuel surcharges
ILALA LODGE (Bed & Breakfast) at VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE
CHOBE ELEPHANT CAMP (Fully inclusive) Ngoma end of CHOBE, BOTSWANA
POM POM CAMP (fully inclusive) in the OKAVANGO DELTA, BOTSWANA
PRICES per person sharing
- Jan - Mar US$ 2,545 Single supplement US$ 150
- Apr - Jun & Nov US$ 3,030 Single supplement US$ 595
- Jul - Oct US$ 3,720 Single supplement US$ 930
CHOBE ELEPHANT CAMP: Located high on the edge of a rocky ridge overlooking the famous Chobe River is the newly developed Chobe Elephant Camp. This uniquely designed lodge has been built to take advantage of the incredible views overlooking the sweeping floodplains while offering a comfortable refuge from the harsh African conditions.
VICTORIA FALLS SAFARI LODGE (Bed & Breakfast) VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE
CHOBE GAME LODGE (Fully inclusive) CHOBE, BOTSWANA
XAKANAXA CAMP (fully inclusive) MOREMI GAME RESERVE, OKAVANGO, BOTSWANA
PRICES per person sharing
- Jan US$ 3,434 No Single supplement
- Mar US$ 3,438 No Single supplement
- Apr - Jun US$ 4,015 No Single supplement
- Jul - Oct US$ 4,790 Single supplement US$ 1,267
- Nov US$ 4,060 Single supplement US$ 110
CHOBE GAME LODGE is the only permanent lodge situated within the boundaries of Chobe National Park. Built along the riverbanks with spectacular views of the Chobe River and floodplains, this well-established lodge is a prime venue for guests to explore the Chobe National Park. Facilities at the lodge include a large swimming pool with terrace, a riverside boma area, a fully equipped conference room, internet lounge, gym, beauty salon, stylish bar with an outside terrace overlooking the Chobe River and a cigar bar with a champion sized billiard table. Chobe Game Lodge also has a reference library with lounge and offers plenty of areas for relaxing between game drives. Meals are served at the terrace restaurant overlooking the Chobe River. Days will be spent exploring the Chobe National Park in open 4X4 safari vehicles led by professional guides, and boat cruises along the Chobe River.
XAKANAXA CAMP is located in the Xakanaxa
region of Moremi Game Reserve in the heart of the Okavango Delta in Botswana.
This is a lush area with abundant game all year round and provides the perfect
setting for this exquisitely designed camp. Xakanaxa Camp lies alongside the
Maunachira River, which flows through the Xakanaxa Lagoon within the world
renowned Moremi Game Reserve. It accommodated up to 24 guests in classic safari
tents on raised platforms.Xakanaxa Camp is situated on permanent
water that can offer all year round boating trips, as well as extensive 4x4
drives into the Moremi Game Reserve.